ReCyclore Ottawa Bicycle Cooperative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheel Stock Limits

2 posters

Go down

Wheel Stock Limits Empty Wheel Stock Limits

Post by RayB Tue May 26, 2015 6:02 am

The current stock of wheels in the shop is quite out of balance and a cull has been suggested.

While in an unorganized state, the wheels are very hard to obtain and therefore I find the stock is basically ineffectual. Along with other efforts to better organize the shop, keeping limits of at least certain types of wheels can free up much needed space.

Some wheels are just more commonly gathered by scrap/unfixable bikes and straight up donations. Others may have a slim chance reach their potential limit. Below is a suggested guide I've put together for the aforementioned wheel limits:

Updated: June 2, 1015

Wheel SizeFront Max QuantityRear Max Quantity

K 10”22
K 12”33
K 14”33
K 16”33
K 18”33
K 20” no gears33
K 20” with gears33
K 24”66
A 26” Alloy66
A 26” Steel44
A 27” Alloy44
A 27” Steel44
A 700c66
A 29r44
Potential Total5252

Although it seems like I'm suggesting we house 104 wheels,  the lesser common types have such little chance of reaching their limits that the balance should hopefully be a managable amount.

Please share what you think of the limits or if I've forgotten to include anything. Thanks!

Your opinion is important for deciding the fate of these wheels!

Last edited by RayB on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
RayB
RayB

Back to top Go down

Wheel Stock Limits Empty Re: Wheel Stock Limits

Post by Mike K Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:41 am

Mostly looks great, huge thanks for that.

i) Can we assume that for tires we should do the same #s?

ii) Why so many 26 Alloy? Is that simply because we happen to have a lot? Seems to me we don't sell or use that many, so why so many? I'd say 4 like the rest, or at most 6

iii) 27s and 700s tend to get used a lot as well as sell. If anything these should be the ones we go 6, 8 or even 10 for, if we can.

iv) There are 10" wheels. Do we not list them because we don't currently have any? or is there a deliberate reason?

Thanks again
Mike K
Mike K

Back to top Go down

Post by RayB Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:54 pm

Thank you for the reply...

i) Tires should be similar except, the different styles and sizes of tire, so not sure if the totals should be the same or not.

ii) We do have mostly the 26" size as it is maybe the more common on the road/path. Also why I put the quantity higher.

iii) The 27" have steel and alloy total of 8 front and 8 rear, 27" and 700s are lucky to reach the limits before being sold/ used for repairs.

iv) I did miss the 10" size and can include them, never seen a single one so far, but that doesn't mean some won't appear. Not really a big space consumer either...

Last edited by RayB on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
RayB
RayB

Back to top Go down

Post by RayB Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Mike, I have updated the list as per your comments.
RayB
RayB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum