ReCyclore Ottawa Bicycle Cooperative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to put the Shop Log

2 posters

Go down

Where to put the Shop Log Empty Where to put the Shop Log

Post by Admin Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:32 am

I am VERY conflicted about this one.

On the one hand having it here makes for one stop shopping (or browsing) for Recyclore discussions, that is a huge plus.

Further, the forum format draws attention to comments and responses far more effectively that the comment feature in google docs, another big plus. Currently there is no discussion of issues that arise in the log even though questions get asked.

On the other hand, as a google doc it's very easy to find a particular entry based on a simple word search, whereas posted here you have to trawl through the whole list unless you happen to remember which date you are looking for, which is a really huge minus.

I think I may have just talked myself into thinking that the log should stay as is, whereas issues arising that need to be discussed should be posted here in 'Shop Talk'.

Thoughts anyone?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://recyclore.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Where to put the Shop Log Empty Re: Where to put the Shop Log

Post by anoppen Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:36 pm

I prefer the Google doc for the reason you mentioned.

anoppen

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:10 pm

anoppen wrote:I prefer the Google doc for the reason you mentioned.

Yeah, pretty much talked myself into that one, but rather than generate an endless document that eventually takes minutes to load we may want to consider breaking the file up, be it at least annually ... thoughts?

Assuming that is done, it would be good to troll the older thread for lost items and then archive it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://recyclore.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum